Saturday, August 13, 2011

An entire month??

Am I really behind an ENTIRE MONTH??  Wow...I really am not good at this blogging thing though.  I think I'm going to set a goal to do this for a year...and if I can't keep up after that I won't consider myself a failure!  Really though..I just have way too much going on.  Working full time, part time, mom, wife, "housecleaner", attempting to become "good" at running, and trying to make time for a social life can get quite overwhelming!  But hey..you only live once!  Recently I've been searching home decorating blogs in my "spare" (lol) time and would really love to be able to do these awesome, frugal craft projects...i need about 36 hours in a day to do all that though.

Anyways--enough about me..let's talk about my not so much of a baby anymore, Cale.  9 months...is he really going to be 9 months old already? I remember the day I was yelling into the aaron that he needed to come looks at the pregnancy test!  We go monday for his 9month appointment and i'm interested to see how much he really weighs.  We are now transitioning into 18mo. clothes.  I was going through his clothes the other night and almost teared up putting away those true baby clothes and getting out the real boy clothes.  Time sure does fly..

So what's new??  Well we officially have a crawler.  He is EVERYWHERE I tell ya...and we're not just armly crawling anymore.  He is on all fours and into everything!  Its so funny cause he knows he's gone too far and turns around and looks at me like "are you gonna tell me no?"  then goes just a little further!  Just a few days ago I was in the other room and he was in his walker (which he still hasn't figured out forward yet) and came back to find the chair knocked over and the coffee table cleaned off.  Needless to say, tomorrow will be spent officially baby proofing.  

Besides crawling, he's learned to high five (only when he wants though), got his first tooth!!!! woohoo!!!, working on the second tooth, we're working on waving hi and bye and...gesh I can't think of what else.  I REALLY need to start updating this more often:)

We've started Stage 3 foods...one of my goals was to at least TRY to make baby food...so far i'm unsuccessful on even trying.  One day I WILL at least make an honest attempt!  The sippy cup is a work in progress...This week we are going to try to start doing at least one sippy cup in place of the bottle and see how well that goes.  I'd like for him to be off the bottle at one for good!

He went to his first tractor pull last night in Rossville.  We seriously can not have a better baby.  He was perfect the entire time!  Wasn't scared of the noise, stayed up late, and fell asleep without a hassle.  He seemed to actually enjoyed it to.  It was the cutest thing watching him and aaron both stare at the tractors as they went by!

Last weekend we went to Mt. Olive for Jackie Good's baby shower and he was again, AWESOME!  He was up, alert, and busy of course the entire shower and at the end I was holding him and I looked  and he was passed out on my shoulder.  He NEVER will fall asleep on my so I was pretty excited:)  Then we stayhed at Michaela's and my mom came with us to watch him so I could go out with her...which is always a good time:)  Everyone was amazed at how good he is.

Okay...better get ready for cousin Conlan's first birthday party!  We'll be planning that way too soon as well!!!

Monday is his 9month appointment so my plan is to update his stats and upload some pictures too (i'm sitting outside and started to sweat!)

Tata!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment